Summary of Qualifications:
- Provide a full range of medical care to patients and families of all ages from economically and culturally diverse populations.
- Bilingual, excellent ability to communicate in Spanish.
- Qualified, board-certified Nurse Practitioner with more than 8 year’s experience in patient care.
- Strong clinical and physical assessment skills enhanced by natural ability to build rapport with patients and families.
- Committed to practicing medicine using a holistic approach. Act as patient advocate as needed.
- Follow evidence –based guidelines blended with clinical experience, personal observation and intuition.
- Ensure quality of care and open lines of communication between all members of the healthcare team.
Professional educational degrees
- Masters of Science in Nursing: Family Nurse Practitioner, Grand Canyon University, Tucson, Arizona
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Grand Canyon University, Online Campus
- Registered Nurse, Cochise College, Sierra Vista, AZ
- Associate of Applied Science in Nursing
Professional Licensure and Certifications
- Advanced Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner, AZ State Board of Nursing, Prescribing and dispensing privileges, License No.: AP4767
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, Family Nurse Practitioner, Certification No.: F1112191, November 21, 2012 – November 20, 2022
- Registered Nurse, AZ State Board of Nursing
- BLS Certified
- ONS member/chemotherapy and biotherapy certificate
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- ONS Member
- Physical examinations and medical histories.
- Patient education regarding various topics ranging from disease prevention and health promotion to chronic illness, medication compliance and nutrition.
- Chronic illnesses, congestive heart failure, asthma, COPD, Diabetes, hypertension, surgical patients, and medical conditions such as pneumonia and bronchitis.
- Pediatric patients: croup, bronchiolitis, asthma, otitis media, otitis externa, viral and bacterial infections. In addition, performing well-child exams and EPSDTs.
- Experience and knowledge working with oncology, hematology, and bone marrow transplant patients, with different forms of cancer.
- Select Procedures:
- IV therapy, central line access, venipuncture, arrest response, EKG, local anesthesia, excisions, punch biopsy and suturing skills
- Optum HouseCalls and Optum Care Clinic, Family Nurse Practitioner, Tucson, Arizona. July 2017- Present.
- Copper Queen Medical Center (family practice and urgent care clinic), Family Nurse Practitioner, Bisbee, Arizona. March 2014-June 2017
- Chiricahua Community Health Centers, Inc., Family Nurse Practitioner, Bisbee, Arizona. January 2013 –March 2014.
- Sierra Vista Regional Health Center, Registered Nurse, Sierra Vista, Arizona. April 2009- December, 2012.
- Mark McCarthy Hematology and Oncology Clinic, Registered Nurse, per diem. Sierra Vista, Arizona. March-2009- December, 2009.
- Sierra Vista Cancer Center, Registered Nurse, Sierra Vista, Arizona. July 2008 – March, 2009.
- Mayo Clinic Hospital, Hematology/Oncology/ Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Registered Nurse, Phoenix, AZ June 2007- June, 2008