The Pima Heart and Vascular Vein Center provides comprehensive evaluation and management of lower extremity venous disease and leg swelling. Our specialists utilize the latest technology in the treatment of varicose veins, leg swelling, and leg ulcers. The Center is leading the way in Tucson and Southern Arizona in the performance of minimally invasive vein surgery. We take pride in personalized service in a comfortable and convenient location. With a focus on patient satisfaction, our goal is to improve your quality of life.
Following your initial screening, a vascular specialist will determine whether you are a candidate for further evaluation or treatment. If indicated, our specialists will perform a thorough examination and schedule you for an ultrasound to confirm the presence of venous disease and venous insufficiency. The ultrasound is a non-invasive exam that uses sound waves to image the veins and the valves inside of veins. This exam typically takes approximately one hour to complete. The specialist will go over the results and develop a tailored treatment plan.
- Compression stockings – Compression stockings are recommended to improve blood flow and lessen pain or swelling in your veins. They are specially made to gently squeeze your leg. You can buy these over the counter or here at the Vein Center.
- Sclerotherapy – An injection into the blood vessels that causes them to shrink. This treatment is used to treat varicose or spider veins.
- Ambulatory microphlebectomy – This outpatient procedure involves the removal of superficial veins through small incisions. This procedure is usually performed on larger veins, including varicose veins that are sitting above the skin’s surface.
- Radiofrequency ablation – Heat energy helps to seal off varicose veins, providing immediate relief of symptoms. There is little to no pain with radiofrequency ablation.
- Venaseal ablation – This procedure uses an FDA approved medical adhesive to close the vein. Your doctor will inject local anesthesia and apply some pressure to the vein as it is being sealed.
- Varithena sclerotherapy – A gentle microfoam is injected into the varicose vein. This procedure takes less than one hour and can be completed in as little as 1-2 injections.
Hand Rejuvenation offered by Pima Heart & Vascular
Turn Back the Hands of Time.
As time passes, skin elasticity decreases, and we lose fat tissue on the back of the hand. This causes veins on the hands to bulge and become more visible. Sun exposure can also impact skin elasticity and collagen breakdown over time.
Trust the expertise of Pima Heart & Vascular physicians now offering an office-based, minimally invasive stitchless procedure, called a microphlebectomy, to reduce the appearance of bulging veins.
How the procedure works:
A microphlebectomy requires very small incisions near the enlarged veins. The surgeon first numbs the area with a local anesthetic. After making the incisions, he or she inserts a surgical hook into the veins to remove them. These veins have no pain fibers so they can be painlessly removed. You will not need any stitches because the incisions are so tiny. Steri-strips and Band-Aids are applied, and a custom compression glove is used as the dressing. The glove must be worn continuously for three days and must be kept dry, but full hand motion is encouraged. Most patients will not require any post procedural pain medication.