Outpatient Services Resources
Insurance Plans Accepted
Preparing For Your Test
Why do I need to fill out all this information again? Don’t you talk to my doctor’s office?
- We receive detailed information from your physician’s office. As a surgery center, we are required to get a detailed history from you as well, including any surgeries you have had and all of your home medications. You will receive a text or an email with a link to our ASC SIS patient portal which is separate from Pima Heart’s patient portal.
How long will I be there?
- Every procedure is uniquely different per patient. However, the average length of time a person spends at ASC is around 3 to 4 hours. This includes 1.5 hours of prep time before the procedure, around 1 hour of procedure time and 1-2 hours of recovery time.
- Cardiac Catheterization procedures could have 2 – 6 hours of recovery time after the procedure, depending on what kind of access the doctor uses.
Which medication can I take leading up to the procedure?
- Every person is unique. Our knowledgeable Nurses will speak to you before your procedure to review which medications to take and which to avoid, specific to your situation.
What kind of testing do I need before my procedure?
- Currently, most patients are being tested for COVID-19 before their procedure if time allows. There are multiple testing locations in Tucson and surrounding areas. Your doctor’s MA will arrange the location of the testing center most convenient for you.
- Most procedures require blood tests to check your kidneys and your general health before procedures at Pima Heart ASC. Please check with your doctor’s medical assistant for specific information on blood tests.
Am I allowed to eat before surgery? When can I eat again?
- Patients must be fasting for at least 6-8 hours before surgery depending on the level of anesthesia prescribed. Even though you are fasting, you must take the medication the nurse instructed you to take with a sip of water.
- Most patients are able to have a snack shortly after the procedure. We do NOT have a robust cafeteria but we do have drinks and small snacks for patients after surgery.