Your doctor’s office should have given you information regarding your One Medical Passport. Please go online and complete this as soon as possible. One Medical Passport helps us collect your health information in an online location to ensure we have every piece of information needed to give you the very best care possible. Your health information will be kept confidential and you will only be able to send this information to any other physician, hospital or surgery center if/when you choose.
You may have been asked to have blood work drawn. Please have this done 2-3 days before your procedure.
24-48 hours before your procedure, a nurse will contact you to verify your OneMedicalPassport information, confirm the date and time of your procedure and review any pre-procedure instructions.
You MUST arrange for a responsible adult to take you home. You will not be allowed to take a taxi home from your procedure. If you fail to arrange this your procedure may be rescheduled.
- Be sure to arrive on time. You will be asked to show up 1-2 hours prior to your actual procedure. This is necessary to prepare you for surgery.
- Closely follow all instructions given by the nurse or the physician.
- Bathe or shower the morning of your procedure. Do not use lotions or oils after bathing. Wear little or no make-up.
- You may brush your teeth without swallowing any water.
- Wear casual, loose-fitting clothing so you will be comfortable when you leave the surgery center. A patient gown will be provided.
- Leave all jewelry and valuables at home. You may be asked to remove all jewelry (including pierced body parts).
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, bring a case for their safekeeping.
- If you normally use any equipment or devices for support or assistance, such as a walker or crutches, please bring it with you.
- Bring all necessary paperwork and insurance cards.